Let me start by telling you that I cried my eyes out for half of the day last week when I read your letter (shocking, I know). It just really hit me. Even though I miss you so immensely, I am amazed at how much you have grown up already! I truly know that this is where the Lord needs you and where he will help you to become the man he designed you to be. You are not just surviving your mission, but you are thriving! Growing, learning, becoming greater than you were before all with the Lord by your side. It just made me cry tears of gratitude. Then Ama read your letter and called me feeling the same way! Your family is so very proud of you! You have inspired all of us to try harder and be better. I have thought so much about your comment to give charity cheerfully. I read the scriptures you said too. I'm really struggling with my calling in Primary. I dread going to church each Sunday which I have never felt before! But I know I have 2 hours of manhandling and chasing a 5 year old around the church. It's a challenge. I have this adorable class and they are all so lovable, but I was just going and putting in my time. Today, I tried to be more prepared and have some puzzles and stuff for him to keep him busy. It didn't work so well. However, I can still serve cheerfully and pray to receive more inspiration about how to help this little boy. .. and help change my heart to give charity with cheerfulness. Thank you for the reminder:)
We had the General Womans Conference yesterday in preparation for General Conf. next week. Once I got passed the two women with THE thickest Utah accents, we got to two great talks. One was from Elder Uchtdorf. Here are two of my favorite parts:
"He is not waiting to love you until you have overcome your weaknesses and bad habits. He loves you today with a full understanding of your struggles. He is aware that you reach up to Him in heartfelt and hopeful prayer. He knows of your sufferings. He knows of your remorse for the times you have fallen short and still, He loves you."
The other one, he used the example of rain. He talked about sometimes we feel like the Lord's blessings are locked up in heaven until we have be good enough to get a few of them. But the Lord doesn't work like that. He said, "Heavenly Father is constantly raining blessings upon us! But it is our fear, doubt and sin that, like an umbrella, block this blessings from reaching us."
It helps me to see that the blessings we seek are constantly being sent down to us. But am I shielding myself from receiving them because either I disobey/sin, or I doubt him and do not have faith? Be obedient, be faithful, my boy. The blessing you seek are pouring down around you. Be faithful enough to seek them and receive them. I don't know if you saw this quote yet in your journal, but it was a favorite of mine. It goes something like, "obedience brings blessings, exact obedience brings miracles."
I love some of your ideas to bring your district closer together and build testimonies. It helps sometimes to shake things up. Trust your instincts and use your unique talents to be the kind of leader that you are. Just make sure you always lead by example and act out of love. YOu pretty much can't go wrong if you do that. It will be inspiring to others as I know you are. All of your success is not to bring attention to yourself but to glorify your Savior and Father in Heaven. With that as your motivation, you will impact those other Elders in your district.
What extra responsibilities do you have by being a DL?
Did you see my note about giving some support to Elder Manning? What can we do to help? Would he like a journal or does he have everything else he needs? Can we write him? Whatever we can do, I'd love to help.
How is the Spanish coming?
I've been working with Abby a lot this week. She has received a few bad-ish grades and I'm not sure she really knows how to study. School just doesn't come easy to her like it does for you and Gray. She is a hard worker, but she needs some guidance. I'm trying to help her before she gets too far into the school year and it gets really hard to fix her grades. She has a big biology test tomorrow so say a little prayer for her.
Gray had a basketball tournament on Saturday. He did okay. I don't know why he doesn't seem intense about it. Both Parker and Nathan quit before they would have likely been cut. So maybe he is disappointed he isn't on Varsity. But he just doesn't seem excited to play. I hope he figures it out or else I fear he will be cut too. I think I saw his worst game this weekend. Dad said his other two were better. So say a little prayer for him too.
BYU had a bi. They are currently ranked 18! They play next Friday.
The funny story of the night: We are sitting a dinner tonight talking about a car for G and Grayson said, " I swear, its like everything I say to you goes in one ear and out the other!" Dad and I sat in a 3 second silence and then just started cracking up! Fist bump. It was just so funny it was a total role reversal.
We are sending out another envelope this week. You should get it by Friday. It will have some stamps for you and a few pics along with letters! I'm putting a small box together so I can send you your glasses. I'll send it the the Mission home since the MTC doesn't take packages. I'll put the sd card and earphones in there too. Hopefully after you leave the MTC you'll be at the mission home and can get it when you are there. Is there anything else you need?
I'm excited for your trip on Tuesday. Do you get your cameras? Please take and send lots of pictures if you do! I miss you so much and seeing pictures of you really helps! Even the butch haircut made me happy cause I got to see you in a pic! Is your hair growing back at all?
Be good my love! I love you and miss you so very much! Have a wonderful week and know that we think of you and pray for you many times each day. You are never far from my thoughts. I think about you constantly throughout the day and pray for you just before I sleep. You are loved!
infinity + infinity and even more than that!
Mom
p.s. In your MTC survival kit, open the "if you need to laugh one" Its pretty funny:)
No comments:
Post a Comment