Sunday, December 11, 2016

December 11, 2016 - From Mom

Hi baby!

How has your week been?  I saw that Elder Kristofferson did a broadcast from Guatemala on Saturday and I wondered if he spoke to the missionaries?  How are things going with your comp?  Did you have a chance to talk to him about your concerns?  Hopefully you also read my email about Elder Gurerro.  He has been on my mind since your last letter.  I just want to make sure someone is taking care of Elder Gurerro.  I would like to put a little extra money in your account so you could get him a few little things he would like/need for Christmas.  Do you know if he receives letters from any family members?  Does he have grandparents?  Such an incredible young man and story that you shared in your last letter. 

Did you get your Christmas package yet?!!!  Have you found a place where you can skype?  I think that we should still think about how much time we want to spend on skype this year.  I know the 45 mins is so short, but what should we do?  I don't want to be completely disobedient.  Let's set a time limit that we can live with and then stick to it. What do you think?

We had a fun weekend.  We've lived in Dallas for 21 years and I've never been in the reunion tower until this weekend!  You know its that tall tower with the ball on top.  We basically went on a double date with Abby and Cater because we wont let them single date until Abby is older.  LOL.  It was actually fun though.  I'm attaching some pics.  Its a great view of the city!  We went to Jinbeh for dinner after. Speaking of Abby, she got a new job this week.. working at Chick fila!  So she is excited because its a staple of her diet and now she can get paid for it!

Dad has been teaching Gospel Doctrine (like every 3rd week).  He's getting a lot more comfortable and doing a great job.  He taught today and did great.  He played this new video of a song from David Archuleta.  Its truly beautiful.  Really simple but powerful.  I'm sending it to you in the hopes you're allowed to watch it.  I would love to hear you sing this song.  The story behind it is he said he wrote the song really quickly because he had a dream about it and God told him to get up and write it down.  I think you'll like it too.

We just finished off a week of high temperatures in the 30s!  So freaking cold!  I'm thinking we might have a very cold winter this year.  However, today was in the 60s so you never know. But its almost Christmas so it's all good.  We've been using the fireplace a lot lately and let me just tell you that at 2:00am Sunday morning we had alarms going off upstairs and downstairs beeping "Carbon Monoxide warning!!!!" I wish you could hear me yell it in the annoying voice that it is.  But we were running around like crazy trying to figure out what happened.  Pretty funny now that we're actually all okay.  Apparently the smoldering log that wasn't completely out was sending deadly fumes into our house all night.  So today I'm thankful for annoying alarms.

As far as the decision for grayson to get his papers turned in, Pres Platt asked Bishop Brown to reach out to talk to Grayson's current bishop first and see what he says.  He was going to talk to him Saturday but we haven't heard back from him yet.  I sent him a text Sunday night so If I get an update before we email today, I'll let you know.  Keep praying.

My spiritual thought of the day:  I was reading about the last supper when the Lord brings out a basin of water to wash the apostles' feet.  Peter (you know he is my favorite) complains because he does not believe the Lord should perform such a lowly service that only the lowest servant would be required to perform. The Lord answers and said if you don't let me serve you, then you have no part of me.  And Peter's response tells us how committed and converted and loyal he was to the Savior.  He tells the Lord, "then wash my feet and my head and hands also."  I love that he is all in!  I'm trying to be more like that.  More committed and converted and all in.

I love you my wonderful son!  I have no words to describe it.  Just know that you are in my thoughts and prayers many times each day.  I love you so very much!
Have an amazing week.  I can't wait to see your face in 2 weeks!!!

xoxoxox
mom

No comments:

Post a Comment