Sunday, January 8, 2017

January 8, 2017 - From Mom

Hi baby!  Boy did I miss you this week!  I thought about you so much and just wished I could have talked with you during the week.

I'm hoping you had a great week with Elder Larsen.  Do you feel like you are making some progress in your area?  Did you get some healthy food?  Are you feeling rested at all??  I'm praying everyday for your strength, success and happiness.

Were you able to decide about the pictures on your leather scripture covers? 

We had a fun weekend.  The Steeds had a game night for about 7 couples and we had a blast.  We played some games and laughed a lot.  So much of the laughing was about dad's sleeping habits.  He ran out of ambien and has been taking melatonin which gives him really weird dreams.  I never hear dad curse except for when he sleeps on melatonin!  He has really aggressive dreams and kicks and punches things.  I get a little worried I'm going to get hit in the middle of the night but other than that, it's pretty funny.  Then on Saturday night we had a fondue night and game night with the whole family to say goodbye to Grayson and celebrate pop pops birthday.  We did the whole fondue thing like we had at the Cordy's and it was delish and really fun.  Everyone had a great time. 

Grayson headed back to Provo yesterday.  School starts today.  I think he was ready to go back and is ready to tackle a new semester.  He met with Pres. Platt and it seems that there is nothing they can do right now about G turning in mission papers.  I think once G is home in April they will submit his papers right away, but as long as his records are in the BYU ward, that bishop has responsibility for G.  It makes it really difficult to know what to do.  If he stays for Spring then his records will stay in Provo.  But I'm not sure being here is the best thing for the summer.  Dad and I are going to meet with Pres Platt to discuss.  I'm just trying to keep you in the loop.

Church was also really good yesterday.  It was fast sunday and Bro. Steed shared his testimony and it has helped me to give words to some feelings I've had studying the New Testament this year.  He talked about how during his mission, he was teaching people and telling them the "church was true" over and over and he started thinking about what those words really mean.  He said the word true not only is the opposite of false, but its origin is from a building term.  When something is built "true", it is made straight and correct and aligned perfectly.   So of course you can see how that applies to the gospel.  Not only is it not false, but following it's teachings puts you on the straight, correct and perfect course.  Those thoughts led him to understand that not only is the church true, but the gospel is real.  It is not just a great idea and a perfect plan in theory.  It is a way for us to live our life, grow and have the most happiness in life.  This is the way I've thought about the Savior as I've studied the New Testament.  The NT is not just stories told about a great man.  He is real.  He really was born and lived a perfect life.  He overcame struggles, temptations, persecution, disappointment and then ultimately every sorrow, disappointment, frustration, and pain known to mankind.  And in his final moments on the cross, the spirit of His father withdrew from him so He would know what that feels like.  Being perfect, the spirit had never left the Savior.  But we experience the loss of the spirit because we sin.  When we feel that sorrow and loss, we can go to the Savior in prayer, asking for his help, and he will know how we feel and how to help us because He experienced that loss to inorder to fully understand what we would need.  Jesus Christ is real.  He really did walk on water, heal the lame and blind, forgive sinners and mostly teach us how to love and serve each other.  I love Him.  I am more deeply committed to being better because of Him.  I want to be a better mother, daughter, sister, friend and teacher because He showed me how and I love Him.  I want you to know my testimony of Him.  He lives and is real.

I can't wait to hear about your week my son!  I love you with every ounce of my heart and soul!  You are prayed for many times each day.  We talk about you all the time and can't wait for your return home. And most of all, we are so incredibly proud of you and look to your example.  I love you infinity + infinity. 

xoxox

mom

No comments:

Post a Comment