Sunday, October 19, 2014

October 19, 2014 from Mom

Hello my boy!

We got your pictures this morning and I was so happy I just started crying like a baby!  You look great!  The place looks scary!  So here is my confession... I logged into your missionary portal last Wednesday and I saw that your area was Limon.  I remembered another one of the elders in your CCM district said that the area that you guys saw on your tour of the city was called Limonada.  So I put it together and had a 48 hour freak out:)  I spent two days so restless.  On my knees so many times asking for your protection and peace and peace for me too.  I asked for greater faith and asked for angels to be surrounding you constantly. If you were laying in your bed Wednesday night and you felt the love of your family, that was my prayers being answered:)  I feel much more peace now but it has been a hard week!  I am so anxious to hear from you today!  We all have so many questions for you and are putting them in this letter below so that hopefully after you write your letter, you can cut and paste the questions and answer them too. 

Here is my mom part of the letter... Obedience will be your protection.  Selective obedience brings selective blessings.  You need constant blessings and miracles so exact obedience is so important.  Especially after you have been there a while and you get more comfortable, please don't ever treat the rules casually.  Those sweet people in Limon need you and your testimony!  Be that man they need you to be.  You can only do that if you are obedient my son! 

Okay, on to other things... I got your letter yesterday with the letter for Taylor.  I got a BOM from the missionaries today and I'll bring it to her tomorrow.  We are starting to write more written letters to send you in the mail.  I'm going to send some by dearelder.com and some through the regular mail.  Will you pay attention to when you get them so I can determine which is faster?  I also sent you a package with your glasses and some other things, let me know when you get it:) How do you get letters and pkgs if they are sent to the mission home?

So here is what is going on around here.  The big news for the past 2 weeks is we got our first case of Ebola in the US and it is right here in Dallas!!!  A guy from Liberia boarded a plane for Dallas and then got sick.  He went to Dallas Presbyterian Hospital (where G and Abby were born) and got sent home with antibiotics.  He went back 2 days later via ambulance because he was sooo sick. They then diagnosed him with Ebola which is contagious through all bodily fluids including sweat, vomit, blood, etc and about 90% deadly.  So they quarantined his whole family and shut down the schools his kids go to.  Then the guy died.  Then two of his nurses got Ebola and so now its all the news is talking about.  It got handled really poorly.  Of course the CDC (the government dept that deals with diseases) told the nurses that even had a fever that they could fly on an airplane and another one could take a cruise (on the Carnival magic!)  It turned out the one on the cruise didn't have Ebola but Mexico and Belize wouldn't let the ship dock and let the passengers off in their countries.  But Obama won't put a travel restriction on people coming here from west Africa where there are over 10,000 cases.  They expect there could be 100,000 cases in Africa by the end of the year and there is some worry about containing it here.  Dad is walking around the house chanting.. "Its not your friend, so wash your hands... Ebola." I came back with (sing to the tune of Lola by the kinks... if you know that one)" Ebola... E-B-O-L-A  Ebola".  It is a little scary but we are totally fine!  Just make sure you keep washing your hands!

The other big news is ISIS.  I think you know a little about that.  They are the Syrian militant group that is so incredibly evil and ruthless.  They are trying to take over control in Iraq and so the US is working with a few other countries running air strikes trying to bomb some of their areas.  They are so very ruthless and are beheading people if they won't accept islam (Christians in particular).  Those are the two big stories right now.  Even on MSNBC they were talking about how Obama is such a mess.  He was marketed to us like a Pepsi but we need competence.  They said "Romney is boring but he has run things and he is competent.  We screwed up 2 years ago!" Can you believe it???!!!  There is hope that Romney will run again but I don't think he will. 

Around here it is homecoming week.  Noelle and Allie are flying in on Thursday for Ama's birthday celebration which is next Sunday.  I told her we could go to the high school on Friday to see the Mum and garter spectacle. 

I know you have so many letters, I better finish up.  I had an idea for you, that you could write a written letter to one member of the G clan per week.  That way each of us would get a special written letter every month.  Waduyathink? 

We love you sooooo much!  I love you soooooooooooooooooo much!  It has been such a hard 2 weeks not being able to hear from you!  I'm literally giddy that I get to read your email tomorrow.  How much time to you get to email?  Hopefully you get a little extra this week because you have 2 weeks worth of letters.  Please take pictures of your apartment and we want lots of pictures of you too!  You have such a cheering crowd here at home.  I miss you so very much but could not be more proud of my son growing up in front of my eyes.  I love you Sam with every ounce of my heart and soul!  Be safe and smart and obedient!  I can't wait to hear about your adventures.

All my love infinity + infinity,
 Mom


How was your birthday?


How do you like the Mission President?


Tell me about your companion.  How do you get along, work together, etc?


What safety precautions do they have for you in this area?  A curfew, etc?


Are you okay, or are you worried or nervous?  What are some scary/funny/awesome things that you've seen?


What is your ward like?  Where do you meet? How many people are there? 


Where do you email from?  Is there an internet connection in Limon anywhere?? Where will you Skype us for Christmas if you are still there?


Where do you get food?  What are you cooking and eating?  Can you ever eat with members?


Is there anything you need?  I'm going to send your Christmas package in a week.  Is there anything special you need in there?

No comments:

Post a Comment