Hello my wonderful son!
I'm writing on Sunday and its the day we get pictures from you! My second favorite day compared to Mondays:) Some of my thoughts on your pictures…
1. Guatemalan doorways can be hazardous to your health. 2. You got our Christmas packages!!! (2 boxes right?) I'm so happy! That must mean you got your debit card. I need the 3 digit code on the back and the expiration date in order to activate it. 3. I loved seeing our "christmas picture ornaments" taped on your wall. However, that LOCTITE mounting putty would work much better:). 4. You got Sister Opfar's Christmas countdown! That was so nice of her! 5. I should have hemmed your baptism pants before you left. 6. I'm so happy for Fredrick! 7. Some of your ties tho… where are these ties from? Like the one in the picture of you and another mish in front of the church building??? 8. I love seeing your handsome face!!!!
We also got some of your letters this week! Dad, Gray and Abby got theirs and LOVE them! (They were postmarked 11/6 and we got them on 11/20… maybe the sister missionaries didn't send them out right away or maybe the postal system just stinks.. not sure but we got them!) I read Dad's and it is honestly something he will treasure forever! I know I have one coming so I'm trying not to be impatient. Have you ever received any letters from us from Dearelder? I'm sending about 1 per week now. Sometimes I just copy our emails and others I put a great talk that I want to share with you.
Sweetie, your story about gun shots in your last letter makes me both so happy and terrified at the same time. I'm so happy that your are being protected and that you are listening to and following promptings. The Lord loves you! Please don't get slack on listening to those promptings. The longer you are there, I could see that you might get more comfortable with your surroundings and might not be on your toes. Please don't let that happen. What an amazing story. You have had some experiences already that are such strong witnesses of the Lord. I think back on the day you taught that family in the MTC and had the words you needed to teach them! And this story… it's an amazing experience you should always remember.
Trevor Le Sueuer got home this week. I went to the airport and took pictures of him greeting his family so they wouldn't have to worry about it. It was a tear jerker for me. We've got a ways to go, but believe me, when you get off that plane I will hug you and won't let go for a long time!!! He said he has been reading your letters and knows "right where Sam is at!" He looks great. He had his homecoming talk today along with Matt Pratt. They asked Grayson to talk also about how his testimony has grown through reading your letters about your mission. He did great (especially because they only asked him yesterday to talk). I'm attaching the audio file here and I hope you can hear it! Even without you here at home, you are making such an impact on our lives. Grayson and Abby love you and look up to you so much! You are our hero!
How did the baptism go??? I'm so anxious to hear all about it. Who are the girls in the picture with Fredrick?
We went to Emily Platt's wedding yesterday. She looked gorgeous! Her husband is a really solid guy. I like him a lot. Just hard to believe Emily is a married woman!!! She is your age!
How did transfers/changes go? Were you able to see all your MTC buddies? I read in Konold's letter that you all got flu shots and got your visas this week. Did you do that too?
Did you get the credit card yet? I know it got delivered to the Mission office on Thursday but I wasn't sure if it got in your Friday mail delivery or not. I was so worried about you being able to get food and things you needed this week! Were you okay?
You've got a little while til Christmas. Put those gifts in a closet or hide them somewhere so they aren't out in your apartment where people could see them thru a window or something. Yes, I'm a little paranoid:) No peeking in your packages.
Here is the deal on the Camera. It might not be working for 2 reasons. First of all, I can't remember if I put an SD card in there or not. If not, that may be the reason it isn't sending pics. If that is the case, take the SD card from the other camera and try it. The second reason it may not be working is it looks like you're trying to send them with the smartphone app which we didn't set up. If you go to the wifi button (I think), try to find the "email" option. I set up my email address in there but maybe I didn't set it up exactly the same as the other. See if you can find that email option and send them that way.
I read a talk that reminds me of your experience with Elder Cano when you had an argument and then turned to the scriptures and read the scripture in D&C 121. This is a great talk and I'll send you the whole thing. Here is the part I wanted to share with you… It's Elder Neal A. Maxwell. " The highest compliment I can pay to you is that God has placed you here and now at this time to serve in his kingdom; so much is about to happen in which you will be involved and concerning which you will have some great influence... it is because you have a rendezvous with destiny that will involve some soul stretching and some pain that I have chosen to speak to you tonight about the implications of two things we accept sometimes quite casually. These realities are that God loves us and, loving us, has placed us here to cope with challenges which he will place before us. I'm not sure we can always understand the implications of his love, because his love will call us at times to do things we may wonder about, and we may be confronted with circumstances we would rather not face. I believe with all my heart thatbecause God loves us there are some particularized challenges that he will deliver to each of us. He will customize the curriculum for each of us in order to teach us the things we most need to know. He will set before us in life what we need, not always what we like. And this will require us to accept with all our hearts—particularly your generation—the truth that there is divine design in each of our lives and that you have rendezvous to keep, individually and collectively." Just remember when you are facing a difficult time out there, some of this might be by design by a loving heavenly father who wants you to grow and become more like him… he wants you to learn something. When I have something so difficult in my life, I try to ask,"What do you want me to learn?" It helps me to see the challenge differently.
We have Thanksgiving this Thursday. It won't be even close to the same without you. But I thought I'd share with you a few things I'm thankful for. I'm thankful that Thanksgiving means that Christmas is around the corner and that means we get to SKYPE! I'm thankful that you are safe and protected and that Heavenly Father puts His arms around you to keep you safe and to help you feel His love and your family's love for you. I'm thankful for a wonderful son who loves His Savior so much that he would leave everything he cares about to serve Him and His children. I'm thankful for the ways you are growing and learning and becoming the man the Lord designed you to be. I'm thankful for the most amazing family that ever was… for the love we have for one another. I used to worry about my children growing up and leaving me. But I know that our bond is stronger than that. Even though miles keep us apart I feel incredibly close to you. I'm incredibly grateful for the children Heavenly Father entrusted me with. I'm grateful for a loving husband that brings fun into our lives and works harder than most to take care of us. I'm grateful that I live in this wonderful country and belong to the Lord's church. I'm thankful for my Savior who has given me the gift of eternal life and the chance to live with Him and my family for eternity. What did I do in the pre earth life to deserve the rich blessings that are overflowing in my life? I love you my son! You will be in my heart all day on Thanksgiving as I say a silent prayer thanking my Father for you!
I love you infinity + infinity and even more than that!
love,
mom
No comments:
Post a Comment