Hi Baby! How was your week? I hope you had a great week and are staying warm at night and eating more healthy food! Is the protein helping? Did you go to the gym this week?
We had a good week here. I've been working on lots of projects around the house getting ready for Christmas. The Sandersons will be staying with us so I'm getting things organized. I'm also planning a bridal shower for Emily Platt for next week. Crazy huh?! We've been having great weather but starting Tuesday, there is this big "polar vortex" (sounds scary, right?) coming our way. Highs in the low 40s and lows in the 20s for at least the next 10 days. Gonna be chilly! Abby is now failing Biology so I'm now basically taking Biology too so I can help her at home:) FUN!
So how are things going with Elder Cano? Are you two getting along well? How is the language? Are you making progress? How are your investigators Marco and Frederick coming along? We pray for them too. I forwarded your pictures onto Elder Turley's mom because she is on the Guatemala mom page. She loved the pictures! I absolutely love getting your pictures throughout the week! Also love the "More Cowbell" sign in your room! HAHAHA!
Here is my cooking tip for the week (after you clean your kitchen). I saw you have a hot plate. Do you have any kind of pan? If so, you can cook a potato in the microwave for about 2-3 minutes so its a little soft. Then cut it up into pieces, put a little oil or butter in a hot pan.. add the potato, some cut up onion.. add some ham a little cheese and cook for a few minutes. it would be a tasty meal.
Oh! And before I forget… we took on your scripture challenge! Tonight at dinner we found 3 biblical scriptures that prove our churches doctrine is true. Here you go:
James 2: 14-18 - Faith without Works is dead. My favorite verse is 18. Basically he says, "I'll show you my faith BY my works" Love that! We can't take on the name of Christ without changing ourselves and the way we live.
1 Corinthians 15: 20-22, 29 Baptism for the Dead
Acts 7:55 - Jesus and God are 2 separate beings.
BOOM!!! Challenge accepted, challenge met!
I also read something this week that I thought you could share with some of your investigators. It helps to give some perspective when we feel like our life is difficult or our prayers aren't answered as soon as we'd like. It's by a woman named Corrie Ten Boom who is a holocaust survivor. She used to speak publicly about God's involvement in our lives even when we feel He is silent.
During Corrie’s presentations to audiences, she would often hold the back side of a piece of embroidery (attached picture), with hundreds of tangled threads hanging from it. Many wondered if she was holding up the wrong side by mistake. As she held up the messy side of the embroidery she would ask...
“Does God always grant us what we ask for in prayer? Not always. Sometimes He says, ‘No.’ That is because God knows what we do not know. God knows all. Look at this piece of embroidery. The wrong side is chaos. But look at the beautiful picture on the other side – the right side.”
Triumphantly she flipped the cloth over and revealed an elaborately embroidered crown – symbolizing our crown of eternal life. The crown was intricately stitched, and had threads of many colors, including gold, silver and pearls.
“We see now the wrong side, God sees His side all the time. One day we shall see the embroidery from His side, and thank Him for every answered and unanswered prayer.”
“Does God always grant us what we ask for in prayer? Not always. Sometimes He says, ‘No.’ That is because God knows what we do not know. God knows all. Look at this piece of embroidery. The wrong side is chaos. But look at the beautiful picture on the other side – the right side.”
Triumphantly she flipped the cloth over and revealed an elaborately embroidered crown – symbolizing our crown of eternal life. The crown was intricately stitched, and had threads of many colors, including gold, silver and pearls.
“We see now the wrong side, God sees His side all the time. One day we shall see the embroidery from His side, and thank Him for every answered and unanswered prayer.”
If you want, I can print some copies of the embroidery picture for you to give to people if it will help. I just think sometimes it is easier to understand concepts with a visual example.
So I got your 2 boxes in the mail this week. I'm hoping you get them soon. Open them right away but leave the wrapped packages and stockings until Christmas! But there are some things you can use now… I sent the conference Ensign that will have all of last conferences talks in there. I also sent a special Book of Mormon Ensign that I thought you'd like. Ambien. PJ bottoms that are warm. Garments. New camera. Christmas chain count down (start december 1). Music SD card (I put lots of Mormon Tab Choir and a few Joseph Smith songs. Really beautiful. There is a Christmas folder with lots of Christmas songs … including some from the King Family:) and a Country folder…). I sent 2 santa hats.. thought you two could get some candy and deliver it to some kids in your ward close to Christmas in your Santa hats:) I sent your new debit card… don't use it until you let me know you have it and I'll activate it. Let me know when you get the boxes… my guess is in a couple of weeks. I forgot to get you some warm socks so can you get some at Walmart?
Thank you for being such an amazing son. Truly! You are so loving and you give me so much to be proud of. Mostly I thank my Heavenly Father regularly for sending you to me. You made me a mom and we have always been incredibly close. I could not ask for more than you! Although I miss you more than you can imagine (seriously, I still cry at LEAST once a week!) … I love having the opportunity to see you grow in front of my eyes. You are a loving missionary, man and leader. You are such a tremendous example to your brother and sister and many more including your cousins and friends! You can make people feel at ease because of your genuine care for others. I can only imagine the ways you will continue to grow over the next 22 months! I love you so much, Sam! I am so incredibly proud to be your mom!
Are you safe? Do you feel protected? More than anything we pray for your protection and for the spirit to be with you to guide you, help you teach, and warn you. Have you been in any situations where you feel unsafe? Be obedient! I know that gives you protection. Perfect obedience is what you should strive for. Work hard. I know the Lord trusts his work to you and must smile when He watches you labor in his vineyard!
I don't have any pictures this week. Nothing too eventful. Gray starts basketball so I'll send some pics next week. Do you know anything about Skyping at Christmas? Where will you do it? When? Christmas day? Just wondering because we are sooooo excited!
Keep working hard my love! Every day know that our love is with you! Do you need anything? I love you and miss you immensely!
Infinity + infinity
Mom

No comments:
Post a Comment