Sunday, January 18, 2015

January 18, 2015 from Mom

Hello my sweet boy!  Happy P day!  I've thought about you so much this week!  Im excited to hear how things are going with Elder Funes and all about your baptisms on Saturday.  I kept praying throughout the morning on Saturday that the spirit would be strong at the baptism and that all would go well.

How cool that you got to go to the central zone this week!  A good change of scenery, I bet.  How was it different from where you are now?  Were the people different?  

We had a great week.  The kids are getting back to the routine of school.  I've started my routine of walking and working out.  We had 3 couples over for dinner on Friday night.  It is a ward activity, where they ask you to sign up if you're interested in hosting some couples at your house or if you just want to go to someone else's house.  Then on Monday, they call us to tell us who is coming to our house for dinner that Friday.  Everyone brings some part of the dinner and you get to have a nice night with people you might not always hang out with.  It was pretty fun and my food was, of course, delicious! Then on Saturday night Dad and I, Ama and Poppop, the waltons and the Tius all went to see "American Sniper."  Its a new movie that just came out and it is the first one I'm gonna buy to have for your "must see" list when you get home.  It is a true story about the sniper that the military says is the best they've ever had.  You might remember him… Chris Kyle.  There is a book out about his 4 tours of duty in Iraq.  Then after he got home from his last tour of duty, he was helping another veteran who was suffering with injuries.  He took him to a shooting range and the veteran shot and killed Chris Kyle.  It just happened in 2013 so maybe you remember that.  And it was in Texas because of course Chris Kyle is from Texas.  The movie was very hard to watch but truly incredible.  It broke a bunch of box office sale records and the liberals hate it.  Its hard to understand what fault they could find with an american hero like Chris Kyle, but they do…  Anyway.  Its on your must see list for when you get home:)  I'll just keep buying the dvds of the movies we add to that list:)

Abby went to the stake dance on Saturday and she actually had fun.  And… it has started!  She has two boys texting her from the dance.  Cutter Neilsen and Calvin Schofield.  She is on cloud nine and having so much fun.  If they weren't good boys I'd be more worried about it… but I guess it had to happen some time.  Your sister has got game.  And she gets her braces off in 2-3 months so she will only be cuter after that!  She is a sweet, good girl too.  You have been such a great example to her and she loves having a brother that is a missionary.  You would be so proud of her… and I know you are.

Gray had an awesome game on Friday. Scored 10 points with a dunk added in the mix!  He is one of the few that actually passed the new seminary mid term (mandatory that you pass it) the first time around.  He is also following your example and looks up to you so much.  As a mom, I look at my three kids and I feel like my heart could burst because I have so much love for you three.  I'm incredibly blessed by my Heavenly Father.  You three are my life's work and my true treasure.  Thank you for being such an amazing first born in our family.  It is such an important role that you don't ask for but it just falls on you because you set the tone for the other kids.  Your example and your life mean so much in our family.  You have not always been perfect (just like all of us) but you have shown your brother and sister how the atonement blesses our lives and how you can turn things around and do incredible things.  I love you so much my sweet son.  I'm so proud of you.  You are my hero!

Here is a message I got from Diana on last Monday night :I want to congratulate you for having a very special child. On Monday we had a family home evening and it was very special. They are teaching the nephew of my husband and sam gave his testimony and really feel the spirit . We all cried

You are doing such incredible things.  You have given 2 years of your life to the service of your Heavenly Father and Savior.  Can you think of any better way to spend those 2 years of time?  And, I think in the end, after all of the good you have done for others, you will find that the greatest investment has been in yourself and your future.  It will change the path of your life in all the best ways.  Never forget that my boy.  All of your friends that I see on Facebook / Instagram… all of them in college doing sororities and fraternities.  I'm sure it is fun.  But that fun will be here for you when you get home.  And in the meantime, you are doing something so important, so worthy, so valiant.  I'm so very proud and happy for you!  

I'm sending you a talk in your next package by Tad R. Callister called The Consecrated Missionary.  I want to share just a little of it with you.  

"What is a consecrated missionary?  It is a missionary who is willing to lay everything on the altar of sacrifice and to hold nothing back.  It is a willingness to give every ounce of energy, every conscious thought and every drop of passion to this work - to submit our will to God's will whatever it may be.  Every missionary who has been to the temple has covenanted to consecrate his all.  The book of Omni records the depth and breadth of that covenant. : Yea come unto me, and offer your whole souls as an offering unto him (Omni 1:26)"

It makes me think of all you're doing.  I know how hard you are working.  I know what you have sacrificed.  I know the Lord knows too.  I have seen him bless you immensely during your time in Guatemala.  Keep working and striving my son.  I love you fiercely!!!!  And miss you like a dirty dog (in the words of G)!  Have an amazing week!!!! xoxoxoxoxox

Infinity + Infinity.

Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment