Monday, September 12, 2016

September 12, 2016 - From Sam

This letter will be short cause Im almost out of time, but it was another great week. 

First shout out to two of my best buds Branden Oliver for getting engaged to Nat J and Hunter Farr for getting married and sealed in the temple this past week! Love both yall

Ill just tell a couple cool experiences I had this week. First was Jose Maria. He was an alcoholic and has a huge desire to quit drinking and has been doing great. We gave him a blessing the other night and the next day he recieved a job and although he was paid 100 quetz he gave 95 to his sister and kept only 5 to eat so he wouldnt have the rest of the money to tempt him to buy alcohol. Its crazy because thats truly exactly what I wrote in my letter last week about taking steps to stay away from temptation.

We had 6 investigators in church this week and it was amazing. We have been blessed to have many investigators every week in church. At first it seemed no matter what the blessings we were receiving I was still thinking about the people who didnt come through. I always thought man but so and so didnt come or this person or whatever. But now Ive realized the blessings that I have seen and the true amount of success we have been having in our area these last three weeks. Im so grateful and I have quit counting the blessings I dont have and am focusing more on the ones we are receiving.

I know this isnt a super profound letter just short on time this week. Love you all! 
Elder Gurksnis

No comments:

Post a Comment