The caption over your poop picture... I seriously have been laughing for 2 days! It's equally gross and hilarious. I hope you're getting lots of use out of your Tide pens that I sent with you. HAHAHAHA!
How was your week my boy? On Tuesday, you will have been gone for 3 months! 1/8th of the way through. It seems so fast and yet so long at the same time. I know you are growing and becoming such a great young man. I guess I will trade this time for the chance you have to grow in such a tremendous way. I'm so very proud of you my love!
We had a nice break from school. Grayson had a basketball game on Tuesday and he played great! Much more aggressive and looked great out there. We had Abby's group of friends over a few times. We have had great missionary discussions with them. Then proud missionary moment for your sister... she brought 4 friends to church today! I'm not sure what will come of it. They may just have a curiousity. But Abby and I have had many conversations with them. You'd be proud:)
Speaking of missionaries, we had them over for dinner and I noticed they all wear the same PRO ring that you got from that girl at EFY one year. Do you know what I'm talking about? Was her last name Taylor by any chance? Because the new mission president here is President Taylor and he has them made and gives them to each of the elders here. They were surprised that someone else had one because they thought it was personalized for their mission. Haha.
We had a really nice Thanksgiving. Notice the picture... we have your picture pulled up on the ipad but it didn't work like I hoped it would. Really good food. We talked about lots of your experiences. We all miss you so much! But especially me:) When we went around the room to say what we were grateful for, I was the letter "E" so of course I said "Elder Gurksnis." Our family just doesn't feel complete without you here. We feel small. We take up hardly any room on the pew at church. I don't like it!
Ama has been having a tough time for about 2 weeks. She had to go off her back medicine because now that they are retired and have Medicare, their insurance no longer covers that medication. So she has been going thru total drug withdrawal. Throwing up 10 x per day, dizzy, can hardly get out of bed. I think she is getting to the end of it but I think the withdrawal has been really rough on her. Keep her in your prayers.
We had our Matthew 25 family home evening tonight to kick off the Christmas season. We drew one for you. See the picture below. You still have to do it.. no getting out of it. Let us know what you do. I made the kids promise that they would be really thoughtful about it this year and not do something lame.
A few questions:
Have you heard anything about Elder Manning? I've been praying for him. I wish I knew what happened.
How are things going with Fredrick and Marco? How about your investigators?
How are things with Elder Cano?
Where do you go to write emails each week? Is that where you will Skype? I'm going to work with Sis Opfar this week to figure out all the details of skyping. Did you have any luck finding a calling card? Just to have as a back up...
Here is something I found from President Hinckley. As a checklist, how do you think you are doing? I can see that you have already received many of these blessings...
10 Gifts to Bring Home From a Mission. President Gordon B. Hinckley
1. Knowledge of God and Christ.
2. Knowledge and love for scriptures.
3. Increased love for parents.
4. Love people who you serve.
5. Appreciation for hard work.
6. Knowledge of importance of teamwork.
7. Recognition of importance of good dress and demeanor.
8. Appreciation of the beauty and value of personal virtue.
9. Faith to act and courage to try.
10. Humility to pray.
I love you so much Sam! You are in our every prayer and our thoughts constantly. You are part of many of our conversations. I miss you tremendously! I hope you have a stellar week. Please be safe and listen to the spirit. I was talking to someone this week about a vision that Brigham Young had after Joseph Smith had died. Brigham asked him (in his vision) if he had a message for the saints. This is what he said: “Tell the people to be humble and faithful, andbe sure to keep the spirit of the Lord and it will lead them right. Be careful and not turn away the small still voice; it will teach you what to do and where to go; it will yield the fruits of the kingdom” (Manuscript History of Brigham Young, 1846-1847, 529). Joseph Smith had ONE thing to say to the saints and it was to stay close to the spirit and live worthy to have it. It shows you how important it is. I know it will guide you to those who will listen to your teaching of the gospel and it will give you protection as well. Two things that give me peace about you being so far from home serving the Lord.
I love you so very much! Infinity + Infinity and even more than that!
Be safe my boy. xoxoxoxox
Mom
No comments:
Post a Comment