Monday, December 22, 2014

December 22, 2014 from Mom

Hello my wonderful son!  How was your week?  We have had a great week… full of excitement for Christmas and getting to Skype with you!  I'm gonna keep this letter short because I know you received lots of emails this week:)  We really just need to nail down the Skype plans.  I know Elder Flygare was able to call his mom for 2 mins to set up a time.  Can you let us know today what you think will happen?  

Tell me about your week!  Are people more interested in listening to you because it is so close to Christmas?  Do people decorate for Christmas?  

Noelle, Josh and Allie came in late Thursday night and Gregg and spencer come tomorrow.  We drove down to highland park tonight just to drive thru the streets and see all the Christmas lights.  The homes are gorgeous.  I got a pic of a long horn in lights just to remind you of Texas. (Texas Forever)  We are having a great time but you are always a topic of conversation and we all miss you sooooo very much!  

There has been a lot of talk among members of the church recently about how many missionaries that are coming home early.  Noelle's stake president is working on a panel with the quorum of the 12 to address this.  They have come up with 2 things.  #1 - A mission is hard work and many young men/women can't handle the hard work. They haven't learned how to work hard before.  #2 - We need to let them know more before they leave that this isn't the "best 2 years of your life" from the standpoint that its so entertaining and fun… but it's the "best two years for you" meaning, it will make you a better person and your life better because of the experiences you have and the good service that you do.  I'm sure you can agree with both of those things, right?  It is an amazing thing you are doing, my son.  I never forget that!  You are in an extremely difficult situation, but you have already changed lives and most significantly, your own. You are thriving not just surviving.  Your face just looks happy! I'm so tremendously proud of you!  You are an amazing young man and I'm constantly thanking my Heavenly Father for the opportunity to be your mother.  I love you so much, Sam!  I CANNOT wait to see you and talk to you!  (by the way, I have re read your letter  to me 100 times! It is a true treasure to me!) 

4 days!!!!!  I can't believe it!  I love you more than the sun, the moon and the stars and infinity + infinity!  

xoxoxoxo
momma

No comments:

Post a Comment