Hi sweetie! How was Week 2?! I hope you are doing great! It is my prayer every day that you are not too homesick and you are digging into the work. I hope you are aware of how amazing this is... what you have done. I was reading a Missionary Mom facebook post about a young man that came home after only a few weeks on his mission. He came home with a strong testimony but slowly began to drift farther and farther away from the gospel. I know how much opposition you faced and how easy it would have been for you to have given up and moved on. I read about the heartache the mother feels at her son's path. And I feel for her and all the others that added their comments and shared that they had similar experiences. I guess it just reminds me of how special you are. I loved Elder Flygare's letter last week (I forwarded it to you). I loved how you gained a contact by serving somenone... just like Ammon. I was so proud of you when I read his letter! Flygare said he was excited about his last 3 weeks because he was going to be with the "best missionary." What a great young man and how he looks up to you.
Speaking of Flygare, his mom will be there next Tuesday to pick him up and she has several things for you. I sent them to her and she is bringing them down. I figured it was the fastest and most affordable way to get them to you. She was nice enough to offer to bring them:) She promised to get a picture of you for me.
I'll be writing you from Denver tomorrow. We got here last night. We had a good week. We drove to Moab (the scenic route because Grayson made us go to a lake that we actually couldn't get to and it added only 4 hours to our 12 hour drive) : / From there we went into Colorado heading towards Denver.
We have had a good time but we all miss you so much! Its just not the same without you. We have scouted out some great places for you to fish when you get home! We also took some great hikes with just beautiful views. I'm sure its similar to what you did/saw in Utah. Just gorgeous country here. We took a 1 mile hike (doesn't sound so bad, right?) that goes straight up a mountain. It was pretty challenging but then you get to the top and there is a lake with a waterfall that is just amazing. It's called Hanging Lake. The water was just crystal clear. One of the prettiest things I've ever scene. We already decided we will take you there when you go back to BYU after your mission. I've attached a picture:)
Tomorrow we are taking grandpa Tom out for his 75th birthday that is later this month. AND dad volunteered me to got to one of Gayle's rehersals for a local community play that she is in... should be awesome...Nothing sounds more exciting than a senior citizen community play. Hmmm... But as Grayson said at dinner tonight, "sometimes you have to do something you don't want to because its for family." Dad and I just started cracking up because that came from Grayson's mouth! Can you believe that Gray leaves for college next Tuesday?!! It's hard for me to wrap my head around it. Two of my boys leaving home within a couple of weeks. Ugh. But it is so exciting for him.
I read something from President Uchtdorf this week that reminds me of you. He said, " The Lord knows you. He knows your heart and is pleased with your sacrifice. He smiles upon you each day. He will uphold you and prepare the way for you. He will send His angels before you. You will feel their presence. And with the help of heaven, your talents will be multiplied. I promise you that as you lift those around you, the Lord God, the Creator of the universe, will lift you up. If you will only believe and incline your heart to our Beloved Father, He will place within you a peace that surpasses understanding. He will give you joy. May you always remember this."
This is my prayer for you. That you truly know this and feel this. I said a prayer for you yesterday when we were at a quiet lake and I just prayed that you would feel the love of your family and the love of your Heavenly Father at that moment. I am so incredibly happy for you, proud of you... and I love you so very much. I love you my son. Have a wonderful week! I'll be waiting to chat with you online.
xoxoxo
mom
p.s. Hopefully you can open the two videos I sent you!
No comments:
Post a Comment