Hi My Boy! Oh how I miss you! I have been DYING for Monday to come so we could ask you 100 questions and see how you're doing! First of all...
1. How are you doing? Are you feeling good? Are you getting adjusted? We all fasted for you today that you will feel peace being back on your mission and that you will find people to share the gospel with. We pray for you many times each day! So many people, and mostly our family, ask about you everyday. I've been sharing your pictures with our family and they love them. I love the picture you sent from church with the little children. It reminds me of a picture I saw (see above). I love seeing pictures of you with the beautiful children in Guatemala.
2. Where are you? I'm guessing right in the city...
3. How are your companions? So excited you get to be with someone familiar (Elder Flygare).
4. How was it when you got to the airport? Was it a good reunion with President Crapo?
5. Have you talked with Pres. Crapo about returning by early August 2017? I got your BYU status deferred again so you are good until Fall 2017.
6. It looks like you've been getting tons of rain. Maybe even some storms. Are you safe? Are you able to stay dry?
7. Since you're in a trio, do you have a bed? Where are you sleeping?
8. How is the teaching and language going? Are you back in the game?
I love your mission goals. This is a unique and special time in your life. You are on track to make the most of this time. I'm so proud of you, my son. Tears just roll down my cheeks every time I think about your strength and testimony and what you are doing. I know the Lord will save some of his most special blessings for you.
I love getting those surprise emails with your pictures! It totally makes my day. Once you sent one right while I was on the computer and it made me so happy that I knew what you were doing right at that moment.
It was a good week at home. Weird because you're not here... I like being in your room sometimes because I feel close to you there. So I cleaned your room since it looked like a bomb went off in it after you left:)
Uncle David, Becky and William came over for a few hours on Saturday. Its pretty awkward watching Dad and his brother talk about traffic and the weather for 3 hours. I wish they were closer. But it was still a good visit. William is getting so tall. He is a big kid. Definitely autistic but I think he's doing much better. He is actually very sweet and had great manners. And since we didn't take a vacation this summer, we decided to go to Denver to visit Grandpa Tom and Gayle for a bit. It is his 75 birthday this month so its a good time to visit. Hopefully we'll get to take some adventures while we are there. It's like Utah, there is so much to do there in the summer and the weather is great. The temperature highs are only in the 80s. We've had triple digit heat for 10 days straight now. UGH! Can't wait to get out of the heat for a little bit. We're leaving Wednesday and next Monday when we email, we'll be there still. Probably not a vacation you'll be too sad to miss... but we'll still miss you being with us.
So many people asked about you today at church. You have such a big crowd cheering for you and no one more than the four of us at home. I'm getting your Instagram list ready so that when I have your first letter, I can send it to everyone.
I wont make this too long because I want you to have time to write and give us the scoop! Just know that I'm crazy about you... and I love you more than I could ever say. You have my heart out there with you, Sam. Take good care of it and take good care of yourself. Take vitamins, get sleep, work hard, pray hard, eat as well as you can, and listen to the promptings of the spirit.
I love you so very much! I absolutely CANNOT wait to "talk" to you Monday morning.
xoxoxo
mom
No comments:
Post a Comment