Sunday, August 21, 2016

August 21, 2016 - From Mom

Hi baby!  Oh this was a long week!  No pictures and so it felt longer:)  (Well I did get to see one picture of you and Flygare holding up posters from Sister de Leon.. so fun!) I'm sure that means you're incredibly busy which makes me so happy!  I can't believe how many lessons  you taught last week!  How are your investigators going?  I have a few quick questions I'll get out of the way...

1. How are you feeling?  Any anxiety still? Do you know how much we all love you and think about you constantly?
2. How are you sleeping and eating?
3. Do you get fed meals in this area? 
4. Do you know about your changes yet? Where are you going? Do you know who your comp will be?

Tomorrow you will get to see Brother and Sister Flygare!  I have some things for you that she is delivering!  Take a close look at the back of the tie... special surprise:)  I so wish I was able to fit in her suitcase and come give you a giant hug.  But I know it's not our time yet.  You have a very important calling you are fulfilling now.  Your faithful service will make our reunion even greater when the time comes.  And you'll be able to know you did your best and gave it all to the Lord.

Tonight Dad gave G and A father's blessings for the start of school.  Abby starts tomorrow and on Tuesday we bring Grayson to BYU.  I can't believe he is going!  Its going to be so quiet around here... I don't even want to think about it! He has his mission papers all filled out and will wait until he gets to BYU to have his final interviews with his Bishop and SP.  The plan is to have his papers turned in by early September.  We will actually know in a few weeks where Gray will be going!!  He doesn't seem hesitant at all.  He is ready to move forward.  I'm sure he gains a lot of confidence watching you first.  He knows what blessings a mission can bring so I think he feels good about it.  You're a great example to him.  He has seen you deal with incredibly hard things but you chose the right anyway.  That is pretty powerful.  I really appreciate you being such a great example to your brother and sister.  They really look up to you and want to be like you. A mother couldn't ask for anything greater from her oldest child!

Jeter didn't do very well when we were in Colorado!  I think he was really stressed without us here.  He had diarrhea all over upstairs... twice.  And we gave a key to the house to Taylor so she would have a place to get away from it all when she needed to.  So she saw the poop and cleaned it up... twice!!! Going beyond the call of duty for sure!  I feel bad we only brought her back a t-shirt... 

Other than getting the kids ready for school, I've been busy getting ready for seminary which starts in a week.  I have Abby in my class!  I'm excited about it but I'm not sure she is.  I keep kidding her about the embarrassing stories I'm going to tell about her and how I'll always call on her to answer the hard questions.  I'm excited to be teaching the New Testament!  This calling is extremely difficult and takes a big commitment (I guess you know all about that!) but it has been so great for me personally.  I love studying the scriptures in depth and my testimony has grown so much.  

Here is my spiritual thought for the day... I was reading my scriptures and a thought came to me.  Do we pray and read our scriptures in order to check it off our list of things we are supposed to do?  Or do we read and pray in order to develop a relationship with our Savior and become more like him?  We often think the answer to any of life's problems is to pray and read our scriptures... the primary answer.  But those things are most valuable if there is sincere effort behind them to grow closer to our Heavenly Father and Savior.  That is the goal... not to just do it for the sake of doing it (although there is value in establishing a habit of doing it).  Think about where you are on the spectrum of checking it off your list to developing a meaningful relationship with the Savior.  Are you becoming more dependent on Him and more willing to trust His will for you?  

I love you so much, Sam!  You are on my mind often throughout the day.  I wonder what you are doing right at that moment.  It helps me to remember that we are under the same moon.  When you look up at the moon at night, know that I am looking at it too and thinking of you... saying a prayer for you.  I love you infinity plus infinity!  

I hope you have the greatest week!  All my love, my son! xoxoxox

mom

p.s. Pictures are of Abby this morning (first day of school), Grayson mission picture and the four of us in Colorado missing you!

No comments:

Post a Comment