Can you believe it???? It feels somehow really great to say that 25% of you mission is done! Are you going to burn a tie today?? I can think of a few that I've seen in your pics that I wouldn't mind if you burned them. hahaha!
So here are my questions for the week:
1. Moving... Did you move apartments? I got the pictures. Why did you need to move? Are you in the new place? Is it in the same area? It looks like you have a great view from the roof top. How safe is it?
2. Diana said you have 5 investigators who have commited for baptism!??? What the deuce? I thought you were struggling to find new solid people. YOu must have had an amazing week. I can't wait to hear about it! How is Elder Comacho coming along?
3. I got some really cute pics of you from Hermana Breshears (my new BFF) but still no video. I think she is still working on it but I'm not sure if I'll get it in time. I'm supposed to turn it in by March 6th. I at least printed a picture of you to have hung up during the open house. I really hope I get the video! Btw, she says you are "a great missionary... one of the best." <3
4. Have you been able to work the new mp3 player? Don't forget I put some talks on there under "podcasts" that should be great to listen to.
5. How is the language going? Do you feel fluent? Do you dream or think in Spanish? How is the training going?
We had a crazy week! Monday thru Wednesday were snow days for school. We had a ton of ice. So it wasn't really fun because there was no snow to play in, just ice. Dad worked from home too. Then Thursday Abby and Gray went to school but I took Gray out early so he could catch a plane to Utah to go snowboarding. He got there safe and sound and then Friday it started snowing here at about 7am and didn't stop until about 4pm. We got about 6 inches of snow but no snow day from school. Gray has been having a blast in Utah and is pretty great at snowboarding now. He comes home tomorrow (Monday) night. Then today church was cancelled because we had so much ice in the parking lot and on the sidewalks. Anyway, it has just been a weird week. Very cold!!!
I closed on Katie and Andrews new house! It is so pretty! They have done such a great job making their credit strong and saving. It gave them the opportunity to have a really lovely first home that most people couldn't have because they don't understand the importance of those two things. Something to think about when you get home. I'm also working with the Hillstroms to find a new home. He wants to buy a pretty expensive home with some land (1-5 acres). I think being a dentist must pay very well. Plus he has done a great job promoting his business so I think it is really growing.I'll be so sad if they leave Prosper but I'm happy to be working with them. They are such a great family! It would be a huge loss for our ward!
I sent you a padded envelope with some letters and talks in it. Let me know when you get it.
Today (March 1, 2015) would have been my grandpa Jim's 100th birthday. My aunt Jamie asked us all to email her some of our favorite memories of him. I'm going to send the compilation in your next package. I just thought I would share a few thoughts with you about him. After all, you are part of his legacy and his blood runs through your veins. I consider it an amazing legacy to come from such a tremendous, wonderful man. He had great success in his career no doubt. (VP of Capital Records (head of the A&R division), President of Columbia Records, Founding president of Warner Bros. Records, 1st President of NARAS (the Grammys), produced the first Grammys show, Director of Voice of America appointed by Pres. Ronald Reagan, President of Boneville productions (the Church's broadcasting company… he worked closely with Gordon B. Hinckley and Thomas S. Monson). However, the way his family remembers him is even greater. The main themes of what each person said is that he made them feel incredibly important. When you talked to him, you had his full attention. He would just ask you questions and make you feel like you could do anything! He was generous and humble. With his time and his finances. There were so many times he gave money to help others when they really needed it. No one knew about these things until his funeral. He never told anyone and didn't want anyone to know. He was very successful in his career, but the most important things to him was his family and his faith. He was also funny and a prankster. He loved to surprise people and did all of his own Christmas shopping and wrapping. He loved to see our excitement when we opened his gifts. He treated everyone with the respect they deserved. Every employee of his loved him because he was kind and interested in everyone whether a VP or a janitor.
I just wanted you to know more about him. It is so important to appreciate the people who made life possible for you. I'm incredibly grateful he is my grandpa and he will be for eternity. I can't wait for you to meet him someday! He has left us a great example to follow.
You have so many great ancestors who each have some part inside of you. I don't think its random. I know you were designed to be a great person and man. I know you will see the fullness of that developed as long as you stay close to your Heavenly Father and follow His plan for you. You are doing that now and are doing it so well! Stay obedient, loving, humble, and interested in life and people. You are making a difference in peoples' lives there in Guatemala and it is a special time of your life. Enjoy this journey sweetie. I'm so incredibly proud to call you my son! You are one of my greatest treasures in my life! I hope you have an wonderful week. Please be safe. Stay on your toes and be obedient. It gives me comfort when you are obedient because I know it is the best way to receive HF protection. Spiritual and physical.
I love you infinity + infinity and even more than that… my wonderful missionary!
xoxo
Mom
No comments:
Post a Comment