Monday, March 16, 2015

March 16, 2015 from Sam

Welp, a decent week.  We had the chance to baptize Armando who is the son of Paty and brother of Dalia and Aura who were baptized with Elder Funes and I.  He's really really autistic and has a lot of problems so we didn't know if he really needed to be baptized.  But we realized he knows the difference between good and bad so he was baptized Saturday.  

This coming Saturday, we have the baptism of Marvin!  He's an ex alcoholic who drank every single day but since the very first day we visited him he hasn't had a single drink.  Truly a miracle.  We also have some solid other investigators who we've been teaching but Marvin this week!

This week on Wednesday we'll get the chance to hear from the apostle Neil L. Anderson in a conference for just our mission.  I'm pretty excited!  This morning we were in a meeting for all the newbies and so I had to go with my comp.  It was something with signing a visa or something. A man walked in and told us that Elder Anderson had just arrived and it was pretty funny to watch everyones eyes and how fast their hands opened their backpacks to get their scriptures out lol.  

Ive been reading a lot about the atonement of Jesus Christ lately.  Something I read in a talk from David A. Bednar is that sometimes we make the mistake of thinking the atonement is only used to make bad people good.  But just as equally it's used to make good men, better.  Although a huge crucial role of the atonement is to help people really turn their lives around, those already walking in a fairly straight path need it just as equally to progress and learn to become more like Christ.  I encourage all of you to learn and take advantage of the sacrifice that Jesus Christ has made for each of us.  Hope you all have a great week!

Elder Gurksnis




Tradition - Burning a tie at 6 months



Austin Family!  The ties are gorgeous and I've already eaten all the trail mix!  You guys are awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment