How is my sweet boy? This was a tough week for me. My thoughts and prayers have been with you so much this week! I was so worried about the bad spirit experiences. Not freaked out. I know you are handling it the right way. And in someways you have received an incredible testimony of the strength of your priesthood in a very physical way. Worry has been my partner ever since you left home. It's just a mother thing I guess. But I don't want you to think I sit around and fret and cry. I don't. I have learned to trust the Lord too during your mission. I have had the joy of watching my boy grow into a man and lose himself in serving and loving others. That is something I would never trade the worry for. I'm so incredibly proud of you and love you so very much! I hope you feel my love and prayers… because they are immense!
I have questions for you and a story at the end so I'll be brief. Here are my questions. Maybe you could cut and paste them so you can answer them.
1. Have you had and spirit trouble in your new home since you blessed it? How bout the Hermanas?
2. Do you have your carbon monoxide detector out with batteries in it? Two missionaries died in Guatemala from carbon monoxide poisoning. It's really a simple thing to do. Just make sure it has batteries and then leave it on your desk or somewhere near where you sleep.
3. Did you bring the "more cowbell" poster to the new place?
4. How did the conversation go with Dany about paying him in advance for meals? I am still scared sweetie. I think I handled it wrong and I worry about your safety. I tried to do the right thing but I think I handled it wrong. I just am so grateful for all Dany and Diana have done for you, I didn't know how to tell them no. I thought I came up with a good idea, but now I'm not sure. If for one second you feel like your in danger, you do not hesitate one second to call Pres. Crapo and you'll get transferred I'm sure.
5. It looks like you got the Austin's package. Did you get my envelope?
6. I didn't know you were having a baptism this week! Who is in the pictures? I'll post pictures to Facebook today (Monday).
I wanted to finish with a story I read this week that reminds me of you. I have always known the Lord loves you so much and designed you to do many great things while you are on the EArth. Just seeing what you have done for others and for yourself on your mission makes me understand this better. See story below:
Some years ago on a hot summer day in south Florida, a little boy decided to go for a swim in the old swimming hole behind his house. In a hurry to dive into the cool water, he ran out the back door and flew into the water not realizing that as he swam toward the middle of the lake, an alligator was swimming toward the shore. His mother was looking out the window and saw the two as they swam closer and closer together. In utter fear she ran toward the water yelling to her son as loudly as she could.
Hearing her voice, the little boy became alarmed and made a U-turn to swim to his mother. It was too late. Just as he reached the dock, the alligator reached him. The mother grabbed her little boy by the arms just as the alligator snatched his legs. An incredible tug-of-war began between the two. The alligator was much stronger than the mother but the mother was much too passionate to let go. A farmer happened to drive by and, hearing her screams, grabbed his gun, raced from his truck, took aim and shot the alligator.
Remarkably, after weeks and weeks in the hospital, the little boy survived. His legs were extremely scarred by the vicious attack of the animal. On his arms were deep scratches where his mother’s fingernails dug into his flesh in her effort to hang on to the son she loved. The newspaper reporter who interviewed the boy after the trauma asked if he would show him his scars. The little boy lifted his pant legs. And then, with obvious pride, he said to the reporter, “But look at my arms. I have great scars on my arms too. I have them because my mom wouldn’t let go”.
You and I can identify with that little boy. We have scars too. No, not from an alligator or anything quite so dramatic, but perhaps the scars of a painful past. Some of those scars are unsightly and have caused us deep regret. But some wounds are because God has refused to let go. In the midst of your struggle, He’s been there holding on to you. He wants to protect you and provide for you in every way. Sometimes we foolishly wade into dangerous situations. The swimming hole of life is filled with peril and we forget that the enemy is waiting to attack. That’s when the tug-of-war begins. If you have the scars of His love on your arms, be very, very grateful.
We had a great week. Spring Break. We got so much done around the house and cleaned out both garages! Can't believe we can fit two cars in garages now! Now when the hail comes this spring, only dads car will be at risk… and our house:) Wish I had someone to watch the storms with… sniff sniff. I'll sit in the garage and watch the storms and think of you.
I love you so much my son! I'm so proud to call you my son. I miss you incredibly and am so excited that skyping is getting closer. When are your next transfers? Do you think you are staying for sure or is there any chance you will be transferred? Have a wonderful week!!! Infinity + Infinity! xoxoxox
mom
ps. I'm on chapter 18 of Jesus the Christ! Boom!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment