Sunday, March 29, 2015

March 30, 2015 from Mom

I hope you had a fantastic week!  Is anyone getting transferred? 

We fasted as a family for you on Sunday.  I prayed for your continued protection, obedience, and guidance by the spirit.  I prayed that Elder Comacho would be humble and have a desire to learn.  I prayed that you would lead him by example and show him how to work his butt off and turn his life over to his Savior. I prayed that you would feel the love of your family around you, supporting you.  And I prayed that you would feel your Heavenly Father's love and your saviors love surrounding you and guiding you.

We all fasted for you with the exception of Dad.  Remember the story about Dad (when we lived in Florida) getting so sick that he into the back yard at 2am and barfed in the backyard??? Well he is that sick again and this time he ran out to the front yard and (while in his garments, eye shades and earplugs) barfed in our flower beds at 5am.  And it is loud!!!  I don't understand why he cant us a toilet like a normal person!!!  Haha!  So he has been in bed sleeping all day.  He said he is going to try to write you in the morning.  But if he doesn't, just know he is in bed out of it!

We had our new building open house yesterday.  It went great!  We had different classrooms dedicated to seminary, family history, Aaronic priesthood, Family Home Evening, young women, etc.  Each room had a video playing with a little info about it.  I think we did a great job putting together a great presentation.  They had a breakfast in the morning with the mayor and other local leaders.  Then people could come walk around.  In the 2 hours I worked in the FHE room, I probably met about 7  or 8 families.  One guy, just as he was leaving said, "your church has everything people are looking for."  Pretty cool.  I took some pictures of the missionary wall and my favorite missionary!  It is cool to see all the young men and women serving our Heavenly Father just from Prosper.  I wish we could have added your video to the group but we just couldn't get it to work.  I really appreciate Hmna Breshears working so hard to try to make it happen!  Please tell her thank you again!  ps. While I was at the open house, Brother Whitney talked to me a long time and asked all about you. 

Abby and I also found this really cool tulip farm in Pilot Point.  A family moved here from the Netherlands and built a tulip farm.  It is just rows and rows of beautiful tulips in every color you can imagine.  I included a picture of that too.

Ama sent you a package and I did too a week ago.  Let me know when you receive those.  Your new scriptures are in that box.  xoxox

How was your week my boy?  I hope things went better with Elder C.  Tell me about it!  My every prayer is for you and that all is going well for you and you are feeling the blessings of all your hard work.  You are loved, my sweet boy!  I miss you and I love you sooo much!  I was so happy looking at your missionary picture on the wall with a string connecting the picture to Guatemala.  That is my son!  Keep working hard.  Be obedient.  Pray, study, and remember how much your family loves you! 

I saw this quote and scripture this week and it made me think of you.

“He uses our problems for His miracles. This was my first lesson in learning to trust Him completely...”
-Corrie ten Boom (holocaust survivor)
"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will hear you. You will seek me and find me, when you seek me with all your heart. I will be found by you, declares the Lord…"
-Jeremiah 29:11-13

I love you so very much and I hope you have a wonderful week!  I can't wait to hear about your week.  Infinity + Infinity and even more than that! 

xoxoxo
mom

p.s. Karlee Winters should have her mission call this week. 

p.s.s. I had a dream that Sydney Walton married Michael Gleason.  What do you think?


No comments:

Post a Comment