Sunday, March 22, 2015

March 22, 2015 from Mom

Oh my gosh!  The t-shirts that woman wears are so funny!  Where does she get them? I'm thinking you could find some awesome Christmas gifts for Dad and Gray there.  

I LOVED all the pictures this week!  What an amazing transformation of Marvin!  He looks fantastic and so happy!  How was the baptism?  Do you have a baptism that has been the most powerful for you so far?  What an impact you are having there in Limon!  Do you think there is any chance you are leaving next transfer or are you pretty committed to training Elder Comacho for another 6 weeks?  

Dad said that you are still having trouble with bad spirits.  I know you don't want me to worry.  However, I want you to know… I'm a very strong woman.  I can handle it.  I don't want you to hold things back from me unless you really feel strongly about it.  Elder Packard says, "There are few things more powerful than the faithful prayers of a righteous mother."  I want to be able to pray for you and help you.  Have those experiences subsided?  Would you like to have a family fast and we could all fast on the same day?  Do you think they have anything to do with Elder Comacho?  You didn't have them before he got there.  Have things changed since he got there?  Are you still truly obedient like you were with Elder Funes?  I know Elder Comacho has been difficult, but I was thinking about this.  I feel like I can see the Lord's hand so much in your life.  I feel there are very few coincidences for you.  It seems the Lord gives you experiences to mold you and fine tune you into the man he wants you to be.  So… what could this experience with Elder Comacho be for?  What do you need to learn, or teach, or how are you being tested by this experience?  Maybe the Lord has seen your obedience with Elder Funes and now he wants to see if you can continue to obey and lead and be an example when you are in charge.  Maybe it's a test of your integrity and leadership.  Integrity is doing what is right and what you believe in even when no one is looking or you could probably get away with not doing it.  These are just some of the thoughts I've had this week as I've prayed and thought about your situation.  Be introspective and truthful with yourself and see what you think about it.  And if this is all just a trial of faith, remember what Pres. Monson says, "Good timber does not grow with ease.  The stronger the wind, the stronger the trees." <3

We had a good week… aside from the fact that I have two very teenagery kids at home right now!  SHEESH!  They are still great kids but they just both had a ton of attitude this week.  Raising teenagers is not for the weak!  It was so funny because tonight Sister Schaack (in another prosper ward) came over to video tape our family having family home evening.  They are video taping about 7 families and putting together a video to show during the new building open house next Saturday to show what FHE is.  So Abby is in a totally bad mood and she looks all pouty the whole time. We were fake praying (they just need video.. you won't hear what we are saying) and Dad is praying to lose 5 more pounds and for Abby and Gray to have better attitudes and Abby did NOT think that was funny!  She is gonna watch the video next week and be so mad that she was so pouty!  haha  Mostly she is awesome!  But she is 15% teenagery. Grayson is about 25% teenagery.  Oh well.  

Dad and I went to dinner with the Smiths yesterday which was really fun!  We are trying to get them to flip a house with us.  So we talked about some of the details last night.  I'm really excited to do it! We are looking for a home in need of TLC in Plano.  It will be an adventure for sure!  I hope that when you get home we will have a few flips under our belt by then and you can help with one!  We also went to lunch with Laurette to celebrate  her bday.  Syd is coming home this weekend to visit which will be great.  

A few questions/reminders:

Don't forget on the new mp3 player that I sent you, I put all your music and several talks on there too.  Did you ever get a speaker?  I sent one to you in a "Easter" box I mailed to you on Friday.  I hope you get it by easter.  

How was the Elder Anderson conference?  What a fun reunion with all your MTC buddies! What did you take away from his talk?

Loved the pictures of your food!  Looks like a grilled ham,cheese and salsa sandwich..??? Am I right?  Do you need any more cooking ideas?  try to add veggies if you can.  

Do you feel healthy?

Do you use the journal that I made?  If so what do you use it for?  

What will you do for Gen. Conf? Can you watch in English?

I love you my sweet boy!  I hope you have a wonderful week!  I'm praying for you all the time.  I love you so very much!  Let me know if you want to have a family fast.  Even though you are so far from us, we are with you and can still help you through prayer and fasting. I miss you madly and  I love you infinity + infinity and even more than that!!!!! xoxoxo

mom

oh… p.s. I almost forgot.  I posted a picture of you and your MTC buddies that you sent this week on the Guatemala missionary mom Facebook page.  One of the moms said her son said Pres Crapo told him they weren't allowed to send pics via wifi anymore. Do you know anything about this?  

MUAH!!!!!! xoxoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment